Nurtured by us at our farm
We offer the following material
Our good quality top soil is found in gardens across the South West! We supply a wide range of customers including local authorities, contractors, landscape gardeners, garden centres, universities, hospitals, and domestic gardens. The top soil is available from our Ston Easton depot, near Bath. You can choose whether to collect it yourself or arrange delivery. Pennys Group have a great reputation for its high quality top soil which we have been supplying to customers for over 40 years. Our topsoil is sourced from fields surrounding the Mendips and local areas, it is dry, of extreme high quality and screened to 12mm, this takes any stone and waste out.
Recycling is now big business in the UK in ensuring we provide a sustainable future. Pennys Group are doing what we can to provide a wider range of sustainable products. We recycle 100% natural, organic materials from the homes and gardens of the general public and we are now producing a selection of high quality, organic soil conditioners and composts for our customers.
All compost meets strict rules in order to gain the BSI PAS 100 standard, the leading industry accreditation for compost quality. The standard ensures our customers receive a safe and consistent product which will delivery outstanding results for your garden.
Topsoil & Compost
Blend Of Both
50/50 screened topsoil
contains 50% PAS100:2018 compost
70/30 Screened topsoil
contains 30% PAS100:2018 compost
compost batch number
Get in touch today on 01761 441832
Email us to discuss requirements
How we sell our soils and compost.
We produce small 20kg bags
Bulk bags containing 750kg
Deliver loose in a small pick-up truck. Capacity of up to 1.5 tonne.
4 wheeler lorries, 10 tonne capacity
6 wheeler lorries, 16 tonne capacity
8 wheeler lorries, 20 tonne capacity
Our Range of Products
12mm screened top soil
- Consistent product for over 40 years
- Produced from virgin topsoil
- Best seller
- Low stone content
- No additives
- Produced from 100% raw materials
Multipurpose BS3882 Top soil
- Easy to work
Produced from 100% Virgin top soil
- Blended with PAS 100 compost
- Can be perfect for new housing developments as it meets the relevant standards
- Ideal for laying turf on
As Dug soil
- Virgin top soil
- Raw material
- Good for drainage as it still contains stone
- Ideal for ground make up
- Cheapest of our soil products
Multipurpose Compost/soil blends.
Benefits of our multipurpose soil/compost blend.
- Screened to 12mm to provide you with a very fine product
Contains organic matter and soil nutrients
- Virgin soil, taken from green field sites around the Mendips and surrounding areas
- Easy to work and rake out
- Good for root development
- Very little stone due to the 12mm screen process.
- High levels of BSI PAS 100 standard organic matter which we produced
- in our composting facility.
- A multipurpose material
Benefits of our multipurpose organic compost.
- BSI PAS 100 standard
- Suitable for a wide range of gardening activities.
- Screened to 14mm or 20mm
- Ideal for seed-sowing, container planting and potting.
- 100% natural and sustainable
- Good soil improver for plants, shrubs, fruits and vegetable
- Improves moisture retention
- Reduces need for fertiliser
- Peat free
- Reduces need for fertiliser